A Semester-Long Project for COMM 3611 Visual Communication for Information Designers II
This project is meant to provide our 3rd-year students with the experience of tackling an advanced-level interface design task. Their job was to propose an interactive data visualization, through which users can explore an emotionally compelling, engaging, and immersive story that makes use of a collection. They were asked to present their final interfaces through short pitch videos.
Check out the interface (video below) by Cooper Holmes: The Calgary Public Art Data Centre.
Project Theme: Belief (n)
- A state or habit of mind in which trust or confidence is placed in some person or thing: her belief in God; a belief in democracy; I bought the table in the belief that it was an antique.
- Something that is accepted, considered to be true, or held as an opinion. Something believed. An individual’s religious or political beliefs. A tenet or body of tenets held by a group: the beliefs of the Catholic Church.
- Conviction of the truth of some statement or the reality of some being or phenomenon especially when based on examination of evidence: belief in the validity of scientific statements
Project Context: Alberta (n)
- A province in W Canada. 255,285 sq. mi. (661,190 sq. km).
Focus: Collection (n)
- Act or process of collecting.
- Number of things assembled together.
- Something gathered into a mass or pile; accumulation.